We provide investment management, discretionary management, ad-hoc advisory (if we provide you with ad-hoc advice on investments we will not monitor the quality or ongoing suitability of this advice) and execution-only dealing services (together with related research). Following our client appreciation discussions with you, we reserve the right to determine whether complex products are appropriate for you. Please note that we do not advise on life policies and certain pension products.
You can instruct us by telephone, email or in writing. Please note that instructions will only be acted upon during normal office and market hours. After the market closes, instructions will only be placed the next working day. We will only accept instructions from authorized third parties where a valid authority is in place.
You are classified as a Retail Client and we will act in your best interests at all times. As a Retail Client, you have the right to request to be treated as an Elective Professional Client either generally or in respect of a particular service, transaction or product but this would result in a lower level of regulatory protection. If following such a request, you are classified as an Elective Professional Client; you must keep us informed of any change in your circumstances that could affect your classification.
Unless otherwise notified in writing, we will assume that your investment objectives, and the level of risk you are prepared to accept, are as set out by you in the Client Investment Questionnaire either in writing or telephonically.
Should any of your circumstances change you should inform us as soon as possible. If you do not provide sufficient or up to date information about your personal circumstances and investment objectives we will not be able to provide you with suitable investment advice.
If you wish to restrict the type of investment or market on which you want to transact, it is essential that you either: (a) inform us of the restriction or (b) state that there are no restrictions.
If you do not we may recommend any investment which we have reasonable grounds to believe is suitable for you. Please inform us when these circumstances change.
Please note that where we provide execution-only services we will not (a) assess suitability in respect of any transactions that you wish to undertake; (b) advise you about the suitability or merits of a particular transaction; or (c) provide any commentary (other than a factual market commentary).
If you have any doubt about whether an investment is suitable for you, please speak to a financial adviser.
Proactively envisioned multimedia based expertise and cross-media growth strategies. Seamlessly visualize quality intellectual capital without superior collaboration and idea-sharing. Holistically pontificate installed base portals after maintainable products.
Some stocks can only be held electronically and therefore cannot be registered in an individual’s name. We suggest that shares registered in your name are left in the safe-keeping of our Share Custodian.
Our trading agreement may be terminated by: (a) you, at any time, by sending us written notice which will take effect from the date it is received by us; or (b) us, at any time, by sending you written notice which will specify the date on which termination will take place.
If you terminate this trading agreement, we are entitled to receive from you all commissions, fees, costs, charges and expenses accrued or incurred up to the date of termination, including any additional expenses or losses reasonably incurred in the termination process. This may include any charges incurred in arranging for the transfer of your investments either to you or to your new investment adviser.
We will take all reasonable steps to execute orders on your behalf on the best terms. We do not act as principal to any trade, therefore, when trades are negotiated with other market participants we are acting as your agent.
Before entering into a contract to buy an investment product you are advised to consider carefully the risks that may attach to that particular investment, as well as the risks inherent in investment business in general.
- The value of your investments and the income arising from them may decrease as well as increase
- You are not certain to make a profit every time you make an investment. Some companies fare badly and you may never get back the full amount of your investment and you may lose all of your money.
- Past performance is no indicator of future performance.
- We will always use our best endeavours to affect your transaction in a timely manner. Nevertheless, we will not be held liable for any loss you may incur arising from any delay or change in market conditions which are outside our control, before such transactions are executed.
- We will not be responsible for the taxation consequences of any transaction nor will we be liable for taxation charges arising for any reason.
- We may recommend to you or deal for you in circumstances in which the relevant security is not traded on a recognized investment exchange or regulated market.
We are at one with various government regulations to establish and maintain specific policies and procedures to guard against our business and financial systems being used for the purpose of money laundering. This includes, but is not limited to, verifying the identity and address of investors.
All communications (including information, instructions and orders) between you (the customer) and ourselves must be conducted in English and only using one of the following mediums:
- By telephone or e-mail or in person (by prior arrangement) for compliance related queries please address your query to the Compliance Officer.
- We may record or monitor telephone calls and monitor electronic communications (including e- mails) between us so that we can check instructions and make sure that we are meeting our service standards. We retain these records indefinitely, however you have a right to request erasure of data.
Neither we, nor any of our advisors, officers or employees will be liable for any losses, costs, liabilities, expenses or damage incurred by you in connection with this trading agreement, unless directly caused by our [or their] negligence, default or fraud. To the extent that such liability arises, and save where the law provides otherwise, we will only be liable to the extent that any losses, costs, liabilities, expenses or damage result directly from such negligence, default or fraud. We will not be liable to you for any losses we could not reasonably have expected to occur.
To help us prevent fraud, you must tell us immediately by calling us, if you do not recognize any transaction. If we suspect fraud, or that you have been negligent, we will investigate the transaction and will only be responsible if and when we have concluded that there has been no fraud, and/or you have not been negligent. Where we are responsible, we will immediately refund the amount of the unauthorized transaction and any resulting interest and charges. We will have no further liability to you.
You will be responsible for all losses if you act fraudulently.
We will not be liable to you for any failure by us to comply with our obligations under this Agreement, where our failure is: (a) due to abnormal and unforeseen circumstances, beyond our control, the consequences of which would have been unavoidable despite all efforts to the contrary; or b) where our failure to comply is due to any provision of English or European law.
If at any time you become dissatisfied with some aspect of the services and operations of Universal Asset Management you may contact any manager or our Compliance Officer in writing!
can end this contract with us and close your Account immediately.
If this contract is terminated, then:
- You must repay any amounts owing to us, before we close your Account(s).
- We will transfer your account based on your instructions- or, in the event of your death, instructions of your personal representative
We can end this contract with you and close your account immediately for any of the following reasons:
- You have significantly broken any clause in this Agreement; .
- There has been, or we suspect that there has been, fraud involving your account or any transaction on your account(s);
- We have reasonable grounds to believe you have committed, or are about to commit, a crime in connection to your account, or your account is otherwise being used unlawfully;
- There has been, or we suspect that there has been, suspicious activity on your account;
- You fail to make any payment under this Agreement, when due;
- There is a change in law or regulation which requires us to do so; or
- We have reasonable grounds to believe that your conduct will adversely affect the ability of our other customers to trade.
Unless agreed otherwise in writing by email or post, we will act on any valid instructions we reasonably believe came from you to enter transactions or deal with your assets, especially when the instruction is communicated by telephone. If you wish another person (friend or relative) or another firm (solicitor, accountant, financial adviser) to deal with us as your agent you must notify us in writing. We will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by you if we act on any instruction, consent or information given to us by your appointed agent within the limits specified by you.
We shall not be required to do any act (or will refrain from doing any act) which would, in our opinion, infringe upon any applicable laws, regulations or guidelines, including the rules and customs of any exchange on which your transactions are effected.
At all times, we reserve the right to refuse to execute transactions for you or provide any of the services listed in our stockbroking services brochure if: (a) we have good reason for thinking that you did not give us the instruction; (b) the instruction is not clear, is incomplete or we believe that by carrying out the instruction we might break a law, regulation, or professional code of conduct; (c) we reasonably suspect fraud or it is prudent in the interests of crime prevention or compliance with sanctions laws; or (d) we reasonably believe that carrying out the instruction may damage our reputation.
Your questions are not answered?
You can contact us here: